Thursday, December 7, 2017

Yikes! Christmas is Coming!


Some folks are all ready for the holidays. Not me. I woke up the other morning thinking about all the things I wanted to get done and haven't.

Most of the holiday décor is in place. It took several days but  quilts, lights, doodads -- everything but the tree and the greenery is in place. John will get a tree in the next few days and on Sunday we'll string cranberries and popcorn and then decorate the tree.

Christmas cards have to be made and addressed, a crazy quilt stocking for Josie to be finished, packages to be wrapped, food for gifts to be made . . .what am I leaving out? Oh, yes, I want to make a wreath for the front door.

Last year at this time I was still in rehab, learning to walk again and hoping I'd be home for Christmas. And I did make it home by the fourteenth but others did all the Christmas prep.

This year I'm happy to be in the midst of it -- moving slow at times but moving!



6 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

So glad you're home this year getting all kinds of things done! Love the quilt!

Bernie said...

I'm happy your home and healthy this year but Vicki I am so not ready for Christmas this year, My brother's Cancer is so sad, I spend part of every day with him, more important to me than anything. So much to do so little time. Big hugs, xx

Unknown said...

Glad you are doing so much better than a year ago! Your Christmas will be marvelous!Tamma

Unknown said...

Glad you are doing so much better than a year ago! Your Christmas will be marvelous!Tamma

Anvilcloud said...

There's much to do at this season. All the best.

katy gilmore said...

Enjoy Vicki! I try to tell myself it’s not the day but the prep! Xo